For latest upcoming and recent events, see our Facebook Page
The Regatta 2017 was on Saturday and Sunday, 15th and 16th of July, 2017, in the Corozal Bay, at Jam Rock at Miami Beach. Began at noon Saturday, and 10am on Sunday.
The Corozal Bay Sailing Club sponsored its 2016 Regatta on Saturday and Sunday, 2nd and 3rd July, at Jam Rock, Miami Beach, Corozal Bay.
The races began hourly from 11:30am to 2:30pm on Saturday, and on Sunday at 10am and 11am. There was also a raffle drawing and awards on Sunday.
At the Annual Meeting of the Corozal Bay Sailing Club on the 27th of February 2016, the following Board of Directors were elected:
- Gerhard Cordts, Chairman
- Kyler Cordts, Tresurer
- Bill Hunt, Equipment
- Martha Sandilands, Secretary
- Caitlin Howard, Membership
The Regatta in July 2016 was in Corozal, not in San Pedro.
BzSA had its Annual General Meeting in Belize City on 9th January 2016. The calendar of regattas was approved. These were the dates.
- Baron Bliss in Belize City, March 5th and 6th
- Placencia May 21st and 22nd
- San Pedro Sailing Club, July 2nd and 3rd (NOTE: moved to Corozal)
- St George Regatta, 27th and 28th of August
- Nationals, 27th and 28th of August, also St George
You might be wondering why Corozal was not included that year. Belize is divided into three regions, north, center, and south. Corozal is grouped with San Pedro and Caye Caulker, so we alternate.
Aside from the various clubs attending the meeting, a member of the sports council was also present. The board is looking forward to the assistance and help of the Sports Council. The following persons were elected:
- Chairperson — Sharon Hardwick
- Racing and Equipment Officer — Keith Hardwick
- Training and Development Director — Trenton Miller
- Marketing — Charlene Jones & Sharon Hardwick
- Secretary — Debbie Curling
- Treasurer — Gerard Cordts
- Public Relations — Myrna Manzanares
As you probably know, two young Belizean sailors participated at the Youth World Championships in Malaysia. The sailed the Laser Radial, which is an Olympic class boat. Our goal now is to acquire more Laser boats so all clubs will have them.
The Corozal Bay Sailing Club had a chili luncheon on February 27th, 2016, at 12pm. Soda and drinks were available. Our sailors were present and showed their skills. A quick review of the year and AGM also took place. There were boat rides after the meeting. The event was at the Cordts' house down Ten Grand Lane.
— Gerard Cordts